The Frog King The Frog King

Awesome work, it would have been awesome that you could have submitted this for the contest. As some people say some errors in the mastering but I really loved the structure is pretty original, and the transitions between instruments felt so natural.
Really good work.

samulis responds:

any Crackling and such is Finale's fault for not being 64-bit compatible yet, I swear! XD

I'm glad you liked this. I really try to make my music something other than the run-of-the-mill orchestral you find a lot these days.

Run Run

I like the idea of the song, and it sounds like an old RPG. I don't know if you did this on purpose or is just your samples. The only thing this song needs is a memorable theme. The intro felt like some kind of theme with contra-punctual (I'm not sure how to write it in English) but you can something more epic and easier to remember. Aside from that I really like the harmony, tempo changes. Now the percussion, the timpani felt like scratched CD. To eliminate that sound make the sounds shorter, the vary the velocity and play with the reverb. The crash that you used also felt unnatural, it sounded like a rock crash, it would have sounded better with suspended cymbal crescendo and then a hit.

Really cool song, keep it up.

rupert484 responds:

Wow, thanks for the feedback :)
Yeah, I'm aware some sounds are a little unnatural. Not making excuses, this is because I was limited to a very basic MIDI editor and a set of limited soundfonts, which I'm hoping to get improved someday. I will definitely keep your tips in mind, especially the one about a more easy to remember theme.

Tankmen Sudden Encounter Tankmen Sudden Encounter

Wow that was an amazing orchestration.
I am a big fan of Gustav Holst and you really delivered that sort of classic sound he and Bernstein had. I was pretty surprised of how realistic all the articulations felt and how in the midst of the chaos you achieved such an amazing balance. The anything I don't like is how it ends, it sounds kind of odd but at the same time it has the classic feel of the hollywood cues so I guess is just my personal taste.
Amazing job again.

Bosa responds:

Thank you! I will be reviewing your work soon.

Moonfall Moonfall

Love the concept and it looks amazing.The black background looks great and the guy reminds me of a painting in the art cover of a local band in Puerto Rico, Indigo. Altough in some places the edges looks kind of rough.

Sorry for my English

SgtPooter responds:

thanks for the feedback, much obliged :)